Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

5 Fandom Friday: OTPs


First off, I had to Google "OTP." Apparently, I've been doing fandom all wrong, because I don't know all of the initializations. Anyway, OTP = One True Pair (characters who belong together). Now, I don't know if this means the characters ended up together like they should, or if they just belonged together. I'm going with the latter, because I don't know if I could do five with the former.

1 Malcom & Inara (Firefly). It would be a nightmare, yeah, yeah, I know. But the heat! If they could turn off their pride, they might be good for each other.

2 Samwise & Rosie (Lord of the Rings). I'm still a little annoyed that the LoTR movies didn't keep to the part of the story where Sam & Rosie moved in with Bilbo and were a family all together, with all the kids, etc.

3 & 4 Neville & Luna, Harry & Ginny (Harry Potter). In the books, Neville and Luna do not get together, but they manage a moment in the 8th movie. Doesn't matter. They were two of my favorite characters and I had high hopes for them. Harry and Ginny did end up together, and it was good.

5 Scarecrow and Mrs. King as probably my first "shipper" experience. I rooted hard for those two to get together, but when it happened, it actually killed the show (I'm sure behind the scenes stuff had as much an impact as writing, but if the show had ended with the wedding, it might have been okay.) They had to be on the list because...first.


No comments:

Post a Comment