Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Marshmallow Woes

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for marshmallow perfection. The batch of red hots marshmallows I wrote about a couple of weeks ago was perfection. Two weeks later, they were still excellent. I made two batches over the weekend - vanilla & red hot (again) - and things did not go as well this time. No pics because it's hard to convey in pictures. The vanilla ones were edible, but not great. The cinnamon ones were awful. I followed the same steps, or so I thought, but there was a dreadful imbalance, perhaps with the amount of water with the gelatin? Anyway, I've ordered an entire book of recipes with lots of front matter and marshmallow logic. Hopefully, I'll have something to report again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment