Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

5 Fandom Friday: Favorite Late to the Game TV Discoveries

I'm a joiner all of a sudden. I just joined The Nerdy Girlie's 5 Fandom Friday and hope to keep up with it. I discovered the blogalong (?) on a penpal's blog: The Unicorn Princess. I even made my own little banner! I'm joining something else and am starting another thing, so please come back tomorrow for those details!


This week's topic is: Favorite Late to the Game TV Discoveries. I know a lot people do these lists in reverse order of significance, but I'm just posting them in the order I think of them.

Babylon 5
This is my most recent discovery. Season one was tough to get through (I was warned of this by several people, including the friend who gave me the first set of DVDs), but it really picks up and gets fascinating very quickly in season 2. I got special, bonus geeker joy by responding to the intro for the first two seasons. Whenever the captain said "in the night," I would respond with "in the dark." (I'll send a goodie to the first commenter who gets the reference (offer expires 6 months from today).)

Doctor Who
I know, I know. Truth is, I was very aware of the show. Actually, probably more aware of The Scarf. But for some reason, it never crossed my radar growing up. I never saw a promo for it, or "coming up next" notice or anything. I didn't meet The Doctor until the show was revived in 2005, and boy howdy, was I all over it from the first episode. I've managed to see quite a bit of past Doctors, but not nearly enough. 

I'm hiding the rest behind a cut, because all of these videos are going to make for a long scroll for someone that is not interested. 

Adventure Time
My husband started watching this early on, and wanted me to watch (and enjoy it), but something about whatever he showed me the first time turned me off (okay, it was Lumpy Space Princess's voice). It was probably at least a year before I consented to sit down and watch some on DVD with him. I fully planned to endure it, but I ended up loving it.

Battlestar Galactica
I have mixed feelings about this show. I enjoyed quite a lot of it, which is what got it on this list, but oh, did I hate the end. I have very little interest in watching it again. But some of it was fantastic.

Red Dwarf
My husband was a fan and got me to watch it, and then I watched every episode. Such quirky, weird fun.

So that's my first 5 Fandom Friday list. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment