Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 2016 Updates

A couple of quick updates:

Letter Folders
One of my penpals posted a little video showing one of my folder letters/flip cards that I posted about earlier this month. @theritzymailbox is her snailmail Instagram account (a lot of people do this, but I can't keep multiples straight, so all of my stuff goes in together). Since I cannot get IG embeds to work for me, I had to download the video and repost, but here's the link to @theritzymailbox's original on IG. It is 100% her work.


Fun with Fountain Pens
I've had a bit of mixed luck with the pens I wrote about here. The free eyedropper pen that came with the large bottle (that got the whole obsession started for me), turned out to be a dud. I had a major ink leak all over my case, hands and desk. The pen was prettier than the ones you can buy from the sites I shared, but I couldn't fix it, so it's gone, gone, gone. I've had no troubles with the conversions that I did.

I did learn that taking fountain pens - at least this variety - on planes isn't the best idea. I had seven or eight  pens with me on a short flight and four of them leaked - through the nib, not the conversion point (that held solid). Cleaning that up was kind of a nightmare! And the worst of it was that I didn't need them with me. I never opened the case until I got home and unpacked my bag. :-( So, the rule for me is, no fountain pens on planes. (Maybe nicer pens would hold up better, but I wouldn't want to risk an expensive pen!)

Resources
I've added a page for Resources (always available via tabs at top of page). It's a little sparse now, but I'll be adding to it as time goes by and I continue to find cool things.

Giveaways
I had one commenter for the first giveaway, and doubled that for the second!! Both winners were reached and the first prize was sent some time ago. The latest contents winner was just notified yesterday, and I'll be mailing the stamps out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment